More Options


Registration for students entering the Youngstown City Schools will be completed at the student’s assigned school.

All students must be registered by their parent(s) or court appointed legal guardian. A court appointed guardian must present guardianship papers at the time of enrollment. In the case of divorce, the custodial parent must provide documentation showing custody.

Students new to the district must present upon registration:

  • An official copy of the student’s Birth Certificate,
  • Complete Immunization Records
  • If transferring from another Youngstown City School, a Transfer Slip from the sending school is required.
  • Proof of Residence:
    Home Owners: A property deed or signed purchase agreement.
    Renters: A signed formal lease agreement (rent receipt is not acceptable).
    Non-Renters: (Both of the following are required)
  • A notarized letter, signed by the property owner, verifying occupancy of the parent or guardian and the student (both of these are required)
  • Mailing Address Verification
    Examples: proof from unpaid or current utility bill(s), or from voter registration, or from ADC medical card (showing address) for current month. Welfare recipients must have proof that their account has been changed to their new address.
If you have any questions
about YCSD registration
requirements, please contact:
Lori Kopp
21-22 Online Registration
English - <<CLICK HERE>>
Español - <<HAGA CLIC AQUI>>

21-22 Registration Packets
Please contact your local YCSD school for a copy of the paper registration packets.
  • Preschool